This tofu salad with mixed greens and vegetables is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy a satisfying meal. It features a variety of colorful and nutritious ingredients, including extra-firm tofu, mixed salad greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, and red onion.
To add a delicious flavor to the salad, a flavorful dressing is made by whisking together rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, grated ginger, minced garlic, sesame oil, and olive oil.
The tofu is baked to a golden brown color before it is added to the salad, giving it a slightly crunchy texture that complements the fresh and crisp salad greens.
This salad is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. Each serving contains only 236 calories, making it a great option for those watching their caloric intake. It is also high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats, making it a satisfying and balanced meal option.
Overall, this tofu salad with mixed greens and vegetables is a healthy and delicious recipe that is easy to make and perfect for any meal of the day.
Tofu is an excellent source of protein, especially for vegetarians and vegans who may have limited options for obtaining protein in their diet. Made from soybeans, tofu is a complete protein, which means that it contains all nine essential amino acids that the body needs for growth and repair. A 100-gram serving of tofu contains around 8 grams of protein, which is comparable to the amount of protein found in an egg. Additionally, tofu is low in saturated fat and cholesterol-free, making it a healthy and nutritious protein source. It is also versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes, from stir-fries to salads to smoothies, making it easy to incorporate into any diet.
Non-vegetarians can replace Tofu with grilled chicken.
8 oz extra-firm tofu, pressed and cubed
4 cups mixed salad greens
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup cucumber, sliced
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- For the Dressing
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the cubed tofu on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- While the tofu is cooking, prepare the salad ingredients. In a large bowl, mix together the mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, and red onion.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, grated ginger, minced garlic, sesame oil, and olive oil.
- Once the tofu is done, let it cool for a few minutes before adding it to the salad mixture.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mixture and toss to combine.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and sesame seeds before serving.
- Nutritional Information: This recipe yields approximately 4 servings. The following nutritional information is per serving: Calories: 236 | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 536mg | Carbohydrates: 17g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Protein: 8g
- Note: Nutritional information is approximate and may vary depending on the brand of ingredients used.