Eat more, exercise less, and lose weight
Presenter: Adarsh Gupta, DO, MS, FACOFP
This course is designed to develop healthy eating and physical activity skills. You will learn the skills needed to eat the food you like, incorporate activity into your daily routine, and still lose weight.
What you'll learn
- Understand the fundamentals of a healthy lifestyle
- Learn the misinformation about dieting
- Understand the macronutrients and which ones to follow
- Develop healthy eating and activity pattern that you can keep
- Learn strategies to maintain the healthy weight
- Learn the strategies to stay motivated and maintain progress
Learn the truth about diet and exercise that will help you lose fat, gain muscle, boost metabolism and improve health. All lectures are backed by scientific data.
Hi, I am Dr. Adarsh Gupta. I have been counseling people on a healthy lifestyle, weight management, and improving health for over 15 years. I have taught thousands of medical students, medical residents, physicians, nurses, and the general audience. Teaching is in my blood. I have given lectures to an audience of 15 people to an audience of 1500 people. I have presented locally to internationally.
I am also a researcher and have over 90 publications (some of these publications are listed below). I am an associate editor of Cochrane Clinical Answers (a prestigious medical resource). Besides teaching health-related topics, I also teach medical informatics and evidence-based medicine. All the lectures in this course are backed by scientific evidence.
In my over fifteen years of experience, I have learned some unique strategies that are not typically taught in textbooks. These strategies have worked with thousands of people I counseled, and they have improved their health and well-being.
I am very hopeful that you will find this course helpful in developing a healthy lifestyle that you can keep. I always tell everyone, “The key to a successful healthy lifestyle change is making changes in your eating and physical activity habits that you can keep for the rest of your life.” This will only happen when you make changes to your eating habits and activity pattern so that you like them and easily integrate them into your current routine.
I do not like the word “diet” and do not recommend any diet to anybody. I emphasize eating till you are comfortably full and never telling anyone not to eat a particular food. If you take this course, you will learn why? This course is not about any FAD diet or Boot camps that make huge promises and keeps none.
I will provide you with a step-by-step plan. First, I will debunk some diet and weight loss myths. I do not focus on weight but on being healthy. You will learn a very important concept of overfat vs. overweight. If you follow the step-by-step approach in this course, you will look skinny, feel energetic and improve your health. Second, I will help you develop your proper eating plan based on your current diet and provide options to integrate activity into your existing routines.
What will you learn in this course? After going through the course, you will be able to:
- Explain what is a healthy weight
- Explain the science behind a healthy weight loss
- Understand the role of habits in achieving a healthy weight
- Identify the FAD diet and overcome weight loss myths
- Establish a healthy eating pattern that you can keep
- Adopt the best macronutrient combination for you
- Learn strategies to include physical activity in daily routine
- Explain the role of strength training in losing fat and improving metabolism
- Learn the strategies to stay motivated and maintain progress
Some of my Publications:
- Gupta, AK. "Obesity and Weight Loss (Adults)". Essential Evidence Plus. Wiley and Sons Publications. Updated Feb 2022.
- Gupta, Adarsh. 2021. “Can Weight Loss Interventions Improve Outcomes for Overweight and Obese Breast Cancer Survivors?”
- Gupta, Adarsh. 2021. “How Do Physical Activity Interventions with or without Healthy Lifestyle Education Tools Compare with a Standard Physical Education Curriculum for Promoting School Achievement and Cognition among Children and Adolescents Classified as Overweight and Obese.”
- Gupta, Adarsh. 2021. “Can Interventions Outside the Workplace for Reducing Sedentary Behavior Improve Health Outcomes for Adults under 60 Years of Age?”.
- Cagiltay, E. Gupta, AK, et al. 2020. “Effects of Different Metabolic States and Surgical Models on Glucose Metabolism and Secretion of Ileal L-Cell Peptides: Results from the HIPER-1 Study.” Diabetic Medicine 37(4): 697–704.
- Usman, Muhammad, Mario Leone, Adarsh K. Gupta, and Wei Xue. 2020. “Fabrication and Analysis of Wearable Bioimpedance Analyzers on Paper and Plastic Substrates.” IEEE Sensors Letters 4(3): 1–1. (March 6, 2020).
- Brown, Megan M., Danielle Arigo, Kristen Pasko, and Adarsh Gupta. 2019. “Perceptions of Social Support for Weight Loss among Patients in Primary Care.” Obesity Research and Clinical Practice 13(6): 594–98
- Smelt, Hendrika J.M. et al. 2019. “Assessment of Physical Fitness after Bariatric Surgery and Its Association with Protein Intake and Type of Cholecalciferol Supplementation.” Medicina (Lithuania) 55(6)
- Usman, Muhammad, Shani Thapa, Adarsh K. Gupta, and Wei Xue. 2019. “Ring Based Wearable Bioelectrical Impedance Analyzer for Body Fat Estimation.” In 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology, ISSPIT 2018, , 291–96
- Pouwels, Sjaak. Gupta, AK, et al. 2017. “The Complex Interplay of Physical Fitness, Protein Intake, and Vitamin D Supplementation After Bariatric Surgery.” Obesity Surgery.
For a complete listing of publications, visit www.adarshgupta.com/publications.
This course includes:
2.5 hours of on-demand video
5 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Certificate of completion
|Unit 1||Introduction to the course|
|Unit 2||What is a healthy weight?|
|Module 2||SCIENCE OF HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS|
|Unit 1||Energy Balance|
|Unit 2||Overfat vs Overweight|
|Unit 3||Role of Habits in Achieving a Healthy Weight|
|Unit 4||How to measure percent body fat|
|Module 3||HEALTHY EATING|
|Unit 1||What do you mean by Eating more|
|Unit 2||Debunking FAD Diets|
|Unit 3||Weight Loss Myths|
|Unit 4||Best Macronutrient Combination for Fat Loss|
|Unit 5||What is a healthy eating pattern|
|Unit 6||How to track calories when eating out (screencast)?|
|Unit 7||Serving Size Card|
|Module 4||PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FOR HEALTHY WEIGHT|
|Unit 1||How much activity does one need|
|Unit 2||Should I do Strength Training|
|Unit 3||How to look skinnier and boost metabolism|
|Unit 4||Strength Training Workouts without Equipment|