Black bean and Tofu – Instant Pot Recipe
If you’re looking for a quick and healthy meal, look no further than a Black Bean and Tofu recipe. This low-calorie, the high-protein recipe is perfect for vegans and vegetarians and is ready in just 15 minutes using an Instant Pot. The protein-packed tofu and black beans make for a delicious, nutritious meal that’s packed with flavor. Enjoy bursts of vegetables in every bite with this flavorful casserole that takes just 5 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook. With its low calories and high-protein content, this vegan dish proves you don’t have to sacrifice nutrition to achieve a tasty meal.
Easy to make a low-calorie, high-protein recipe for any meal or even a quick snack. This recipe utilizes Instant Pot.
It has 361 calories per serving and provides about 20 grams of protein. You can eat it as a meal or as an appetizer (less serving size).
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Serving Size287gm
- Energy361 cal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon salsa
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (replace with chaat masala)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 block extra firm tofu – pressed and diced into 1″ pieces
- ¾ cup water
- 1 15-ounce can black beans – drained
- 1 cup fresh, frozen, or canned corn
- salt and pepper – to taste
Turn on your pressure cooker to the sauté function, and add the oil.
Add 3/4 cup water. Add the garlic powder, salt, chili powder, salsa, and cumin. Give a quick stir, then add the tofu. Toss the tofu with the spices for 2 minutes.
Add everything else but the salt, pepper, and toppings. Stir, and lock your pressure cooker’s lid. Bring to high pressure for 8 minutes, then do a natural release (10-15 minutes).
One can add cheese (vegan cheese) shreds on top while serving. You can add cream or vegan cheese on top while serving. Serve hot. You can eat this by itself or with rice or bread.
This recipe collection is part of the meal recommendations for Valley Forge Weight Management Center‘s personalized medical weight loss plans. There is no replacement for healthy eating and daily activity for a healthy mind and body. At the Weight Management Center, we focus on building healthy habits for a sustainable weight loss.
- 2 servings per container
- Serving Size287gm
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat8.5 g78 g10.9%
- Saturated Fat1.1 g20 g5.5%
- Sodium1288 mg2300 mg56%
- Total Carbohydrate53 g275 g19.27%
- Dietary Fiber8.9 g28 g31.79%
- Total Sugars4.8 g
- Protein20 g50 g40%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)0 IU800 IU0%
- Calcium210 mg1300 mg16.15%
- Iron4.9 mg18 mg27.22%
- Potassium540 mg4700 mg11.49%
- Vitamin A26.98 mcg900 mcg3%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)5.6 mg90 mg6.22%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)1.12 IU33 IU3.39%
- Vitamin K3.8 mcg120 mcg3.17%
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)0.24 mg1.2 mg20%
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)0.054 mg1.3 mg4.15%
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)1.359 mg16 mg8.49%
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)0.095 mg1.7 mg5.59%
- Folate81.59 mcg400 mcg20.4%